Saturday, October 29, 2011

You Know You're Getting Old When....

...You start thinking about retirement, how soon you can take it (years, months,
weeks, days) and what you'll do when it's upon you.

...You color your hair to cover the gray, not because it's fun!

...You start calling popular music "noise".

...You begin to appreciate and understand all the things your parents said and did
for you when you when a teenager.

...You recognize less than five people featured in an issue of People magazine.

...You no longer think it's fun to go out to the bars and get drunk.

...You wonder "What the hell was I thinking?" when you remember the years you were
going out to the bars.

...You begin to look forward to menopause rather than dreading it.

...You realize you are closer to your death than your birth.

...You begin to wonder how you'll pay for your child's marriage instead of
their schooling.

...You notice your health care provider is young enough to be your child (or
grandchild) YIKES!

...One of your coworkers is pregnant and you think "I'm glad it's her and not me"!

...You realize you could become a grandparent at any time now but you pray it
won't happen for years.

In case you're wondering, I've been thinking a lot lately about how old I am! It seems only yesterday I was still young!

Big thanks to DH for fixing my laptop so I could get online again!

2 comments:

  1. Yep, you know you are getting older when you develop "Dickido" - when your belly sticks out farther than your Dickido.

    ReplyDelete