Saturday, December 3, 2011

European Vacation

Okay, now to the post I was planning on before I got sidetracked by that lovely scientific study I referenced below.....

In the summer of 2009 I took a river cruise from Amsterdam to Vienna. I'm not getting paid anything to say this (obviously) but I took the cruise through a company called Grand Circle Travel. They do a number of European trips of all kinds, but I liked the idea of a cruise because most everything is included. I should mention that this caters mainly to the 'over 50' crowd, (which I'm NOT yet) but it was still a lot of fun. Some of those older folks can really party! LOL, just kidding!


I took this picture somewhere in Germany (I really need to make notes on the pictures as I'm taking them). You'll notice there is a hand on the right hand side of the picture. Here's the situation in it's entirety:


I'm pretty sure that's Dad's hand in the first picture, but it was such a cute setting, I couldn't help but take the pictures. In my experience, I've always found that ducks, geese, chickens, and birds in general are pretty aggressive, so I was surprised to see these get so close. But I guess food in the hand....
Yes, that was a really bad joke!

No comments:

Post a Comment