Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A Blog is a Blog is a Blog

Just now I was browsing through some other blogs on this site, and it's interesting the variety of things people post about. Some blog about their families, their hobbies, their lives and experiences. I think all age groups are represented, except possibly the very young and very old. But what we all seem to have in common is the desire to look at our lives and determine our meaning to ourselves and others.

Especially as we get older we are trying to figure out what we've done with our lives and how we've affected other people. Over the last thirty years or so, I've done a lot of thinking along those lines, and I still haven't come up with too many answers. What I DO know, however, is that I feel more calm and happy than I did. Although I don't feel as old as the calendar says I am, I'm not sure I'd want to go back to my teens or twenties.

However, that's not really where I wanted to take this post. One thing I've noticed about some blogs is that we often have similar experiences even though we may not have much in common right now. I just read some entries on a blog that is written by two 18 and 19 year old guys (I should say MEN) who are just starting their college years. They and I probably more different; they are young, I'm mature (at least as far as age goes), they're gay, I'm straight and married; they live completely on the opposite side of the country from me. But their fears, concerns, and worries are the same ones I had some 30-odd years ago! It's nice to know that some things never change, and that I wasn't as weird as I thought I was back then.

No comments:

Post a Comment