Sunday, September 11, 2011

What's It All About, Alfie?

I hate to admit how many times I've started over on this post, simply because I'm trying to figure out how this all works, but onward we go...

Contrary to what the above title might indicate, I'm not quite that old!  For those of you young whippersnappers out there, that is a song title from the 60's which I believe was sung by Dionne Warwick. (I know...who's that you ask? Look it up on google!)

What's this blog going to be about? I want to try and share my love of travel, both in the literal sense and the not so literal. I love to travel the world, and in my advancing age I've become lucky enough to begin seeing some of the world I only dreamed about in the past. I hope to share some of those adventures with you they come along.

I've also always been a huge fan of books and reading. I have a great admiration for authors and their ability to find the perfect words to describe a person, place, or emotion. I'm sure I won't come close to their level of talent, but we'll see what happens.

Music is also a great way to get a look at how others think and where they are in their lives each day. We all see the world from different perspectives, which I think we often forget in this crazy world. I know that I have often been surprised when I look at the world through another person's glasses.

I hope you'll stick with me while I figure out this strange and exotic world of blogging. I'd love to hear from you, whether you have advice, tips, criticism or just wat to share your experiences. All are welcome who enter here.

No comments:

Post a Comment